With the cases of COVID-19 increasing throughout the country, we want to take a moment to tell you about all the hygiene and safety measures that we have and continue to implement to guarantee a safe space for all our clients and staff.
Following the advice of Health Canada and our in-house medical director, BDS continues to promote the following measures within our facility:
- Proper hand hygiene.
- Disinfection of all contact points (meters, equipment, and more) at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Adjustment of workstations to adapt to the rules of social distance.
- Reorganization of work teams to groups of less than 5 people.
- Use of masks and gloves at all times.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all contact points inside each customer’s vehicle before moving them (door handles, steering wheel, gear change, etc.)
- Use of an Express Key Dropbox, and disinfection of keys and key chains.
As we have been doing since the very beginning of the pandemic, we use a screening desk at our shop entrance to verify and register all employees and visitors before entering the facilities.
Dr. Neil Verma, Medical Safety Director of BDS Fleet Service, commented:
BDS has been practicing stringent measures since March. Masks worn at all times indoors, group sizes kept small, and those that screen positive for symptoms get assessed by health care professionals and get swabbed for COVID-19 before medical clearance to work.
Now more than ever, we must all be aware and responsible with all the people with whom we share every day and do what we can to help stop this crisis and look into the future.
At BDS, we love to talk with our clients and friends, so if you have any questions related to the safety protocol that we have implemented in the shop, we invite you to connect at any time using any of the following channels:
Phone: (416) 757-5671
Facebook: / BDSFleetService
LinkedIn: / BDSFleetService