As we continue returning to the new normal, we would like to share a summary of the processes we have put in place and continue to follow to support our clients and succeed as a company.
Since the beginning of this unprecedented situation, BDS Fleet Service has taken numerous hygiene and safety measures to keep our facility open while complying and respecting all standards implemented by the Ontario government.
Our office remains open, operating modified hours of Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Additionally, BDS hired a Director of Medical Safety, Dr. Neil Verma, who implemented various strategies used by hospitals, to minimize the risk of exposure and help contain the spread of the virus.
Some of the measures put in place (and that we continue to use) include:
- Proper hand hygiene
- Verification and registration of all employees and visitors before entering the facilities
- Disinfection of all contact points (meters, equipment, and more) at regular intervals throughout the day
- Disinfection of keys and key chains
- Cleaning and disinfection of all contact points inside each customer’s vehicle before moving them (door handles, steering wheel, gear change, etc.)
- Adjustment of workstations to adapt to the rules of social distance
- Reorganization of work teams to groups of less than 5 people
- Public and Occupational Health & Safety through telemedicine with our Internal Medical Safety Director for those who show any possible symptoms
Additionally, our team is committed to finding and offering solutions to allow our clients, friends and family to feel healthy and safe. One possible solution is the MiST™ In-Car Air Quality TerraClean. While this product is not a prevention for COVID-19, it helps to eliminate mold, mildew, bacteria, and odors inside your vehicle.
BDS continued to research for new innovations during COVID-19 and last week we developed the Sneeze Shield in partnership with a local business. The Sneeze Shield is a protective shield that allows the creation of individual spaces within the same vehicle regardless of size, make, or model. This will allow work groups to return to their functions as soon as possible, safely and responsibly.
We continue to adjust our processes according to the changing situation. Please feel free to connect with us anytime:
- Phone: (416) 757-5671
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bdsfleet.com
- Facebook: /BDSFleetService
- LinkedIn: /BDSFleetService